jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you could bow out the sides just a bit it would "fit like a glove".
A blow dryer or a light touch w/a heat gun could probably warm the plastic up enough to allow you to bow the sides out a bit. You might even be able to pop it into a warm oven for a few mins so that it's evenly heated.
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Thanks,I got a call my car is in ,picking up tomorrow am.I will be trying mine out then.
How well did this end up fitting in your Bronco Sport?

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect fit ,a very nice add on.
Thanks for confirming. I ordered one through Amazon, but it looks like it could take up to 6 weeks to arrive.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also ordered from Amazon had it in 2 days,there’s a whole lot of bronco out ther that are in need of that item.seems very strange that Ford missed that ,but then again I wonder what else they might have missed. Laugh laugh,I am done with my ranting for today.Ron ,I did do a bug /stone hood protector,looks great on CG ,.
Mind taking a pic of the bug/stone protector when you have a moment? I am considering one, but I am not sure I love the way it looks.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
3m auto trim tape.On the top and bottom where the tape line is ,it has a space in the center for water drainage but honestly I ran a good amount of water on the hood and did not see any evidence that water had gone underneath,as the water ran on the hood it got diverted to left and right alongside the wind deflector.And if it ever happened to need removed,a heat gun and some 3M remover will do the job.I think any thing that hits that deflector is going to go up and over the roof ,if it saves your window or any part of your Bronco I say + 1 for us.Just my thoughts.
I guess water finds its way into anything. Going through a touch less wash would probably spray sideways into the deflector and stay trapped in the middle of the hood, along with soap, etc.

Not trying to harsh your purchase because I am interested. Was the 3M tape already pre-installed or did you have to apply it? Just thinking if some tape filled the side gaps between the upper and lower runs would seal it.

Edit: My bad! I did a quick initial read and then re-read and noticed there was a center drain. I think I will order it with my points.

Last edited:

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
There is most definitely tape on all sides of defector and yes it is installed already.I personally will not be taking my bronco to any car wash.It would totally trash the black roof plastic pillar coverings in all a,b,c,and d roof supports.
I have only used a touch less wash a couple times (it is so new). I live in Northern Minnesota so I can not always wash at home, like I do with my Mustang (it never sees snow).

With some complaints about thin paint on this forum I am definitely looking for protection. Calling dealer tomorrow. Thanks for your updates.

Reactions: Jrl

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Wonder how much wind noise that lip generates at speed ?

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It should look good on A/51
I wonder if this would help the anomaly that I'm experiencing w/mine? If it's been raining or I just ran it through the car wash when I start heading down the road a lot of water flies up from the grill area and onto the windshield.

Bird

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Has anyone found an item, other than the vault, to help organize the center console space?
For instance my Colorado ZR2 had an aftermarket plastic tray that was around $20 that allowed me to keep pens, coins, keys, etc in a way which I could remove the tray and still reach what’s below in the rest of the space.
I just ordered one of the trays made for the Ford Escape—not the one Willow posted, but the other style. Will post back on the results.