cgdmnky

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-150
What is the weight of that load? Curious since static load capacity is 100lbs if u have a moonroof and 150 lbs without a moonroof. I went 140 lbs on mine with a moonroof. no issue.

Wlgriff2

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I had bought a used roof tent that we refinished in a black Rhino Liner material. We’re on a camping trip from California to Washington State and wanted to share our setup.

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup 33D48594-4F25-454F-B4CF-404F8CC564A0

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup Bronco Sport Roof Top Tent 1

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup 8594FCF4-F4F5-419A-B0A3-D57F1CAA5902

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup AAEEA397-BB2A-43B7-AB6A-2531E9EC3CFE

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup Bronco Sport Roof Top Tent 3

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup 2021 Bronco Sport Roof Top Tent
What brand of Roof Top Tent did you go with? I’ve been looking at used ones, but I’m not really sure what brands are the best.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
What brand of Roof Top Tent did you go with? I’ve been looking at used ones, but I’m not really sure what brands are the best.
It looks like an earlier version of:

https://www.autohomeus.com/roof-top-tents/columbus-variant/

I am looking at getting something closer to a Roofnest Sparrow XL, but I have a trailer (for the BS) for it. I also have 3 other vehicles that the Sparrow can be used with no problems. I like the James Baroud tents, too, but, of course, these get pricey!

I do not have the moonroof because I wanted the larger load ability (BL w/o BL) just in case.

OP
OP

Montej75

Outer Banks
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Area 51
What is the weight of that load? Curious since static load capacity is 100lbs if u have a moonroof and 150 lbs without a moonroof. I went 140 lbs on mine with a moonroof. no issue.
My tent is 114lbs...also no issues. I too have a moonroof. This is an auto home variant roof top tent. Bought it for $600 needed some TLC but we got it up and running no issues.
I have it sitting on a Yakima crossbars 50inch long. It’s just barley long enough for our awning. I’ll post a few more photos with it open

I am looking at getting something closer to a Roofnest Sparrow XL, but I have a trailer (for the BS) for it. I also have 3 other vehicles that the Sparrow can be used with no problems. I like the James Baroud tents, too, but, of course, these get pricey!

I do not have the moonroof because I wanted the larger load ability (BL w/o BL) just in case.

OP
OP

Montej75

Outer Banks
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes it’s an early edition of the Columbus variant tent. It’s the smallest one they offer at 114lbs.
I’ve only camped a few times prior and wanted something affordable first before spending money on something bigger.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I believe those are closer to the DYNAMIC load limits? Even with the moonroof I thought I heard/read the STATIC limit is 600 lbs. -- on the BL/FE anyway?

OP
OP

Montej75

Outer Banks
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe those are closer to the DYNAMIC load limits? Even with the moonroof I thought I heard/read the STATIC limit is 600 lbs. -- on the BL/FE anyway?
Yes you’re correct the static load is 600lbs.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had bought a used roof tent that we refinished in a black Rhino Liner material. We’re on a camping trip from California to Washington State and wanted to share our setup.

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup 33D48594-4F25-454F-B4CF-404F8CC564A0

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup Bronco Sport Roof Top Tent 1

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup 8594FCF4-F4F5-419A-B0A3-D57F1CAA5902

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup AAEEA397-BB2A-43B7-AB6A-2531E9EC3CFE

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup Bronco Sport Roof Top Tent 3

Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup 2021 Bronco Sport Roof Top Tent
Was driving high way significantly louder in this set up? I have the OEM cross bars with my old extra long cargo rack and it sits very very high with a huge gap in the front. I'm wondering if the cross bars you have (those Yakima?) would get my basket lower to help cut down wind noise while still giving my moon roof space to clear. Thanks in advance!
Ford Bronco Sport Our roof top tent setup Bronco w: Rack