First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I just installed my 1.5ā€ kit yesterday, cars at the dealer getting an alignment. I did the install myself, took about 4hrs but I had 1 jack stand so I couldnā€™t lift 2 wheels at a time.
You absolutely have to grind off the bottom of the struts or the axles will rub at full extension. Something to consider is a spacer for the brake line bracket, the brake lines are almost pinched at full extension.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift Kit and KO2's + Red Letters and Red Brake Calipers 75D41F68-FDDA-4F72-8206-F4AAF8BB47FC

OP
OP

Jsober84

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Looks great! I have been looking for the same setup on top for mine. Have you noticed a change in gas mileage or wind resistance?

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Looks great! I have been looking for the same setup on top for mine. Have you noticed a change in gas mileage or wind resistance?
Yes it makes a big difference. Itā€™s extremely loud and I lost about 3mpg on streets and more on freeway.
Iā€™m an engineer and work in fabrication. Iā€™m currently developing a new low profile roof rack and will be posting it soon. Iā€™ll be selling them if people like it. DM me if you want me to message you when itā€™s done.

OP
OP

Jsober84

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes it makes a big difference. Itā€™s extremely loud and I lost about 3mpg on streets and more on freeway.
Iā€™m an engineer and work in fabrication. Iā€™m currently developing a new low profile roof rack and will be posting it soon. Iā€™ll be selling them if people like it. DM me if you want me to message you when itā€™s done.

That sounds great thanks! I would really like the flat platform style but really don't want to spend $700 on one:/

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I don't have a roof basket but it looks like you have very similar roof cross-rails to what I have. I bought some "cheap" ones from OMAC USA for less than $100 linked below:

https://omacshop.com/collections/bronco-sport/products/roof-rack-cross-bars-luggage-carrier-black-adjustable-for-ford-bronco-sport-2021
Those are the crossbars I got and I found a basket for $60 on offer up. The set up is way too tall and unnecessary. With my lift and tires, itā€™s a pain to get the stroller up there.

Rey

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just installed my 1.5ā€ kit yesterday, cars at the dealer getting an alignment. I did the install myself, took about 4hrs but I had 1 jack stand so I couldnā€™t lift 2 wheels at a time.
You absolutely have to grind off the bottom of the struts or the axles will rub at full extension. Something to consider is a spacer for the brake line bracket, the brake lines are almost pinched at full extension.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift Kit and KO2's + Red Letters and Red Brake Calipers 75D41F68-FDDA-4F72-8206-F4AAF8BB47FC

What size tires did you go with? It looks like the people going with 245/65r17 could go bigger. You've got the 18in wheels and cactus grey like ours exactly. This is exactly what we wanna do as well.

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
What size tires did you go with? It looks like the people going with 245/65r17 could go bigger. You've got the 18in wheels and cactus grey like ours exactly. This is exactly what we wanna do as well.
245/60r18 Falken Wildpeak Trails. I did not get the At3 because at the end of the day itā€™s my commuter before off road vehicle. They fit stock no rub even under articulation.

Rey

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
245/60r18 Falken Wildpeak Trails. I did not get the At3 because at the end of the day itā€™s my commuter before off road vehicle. They fit stock no rub even under articulation.

Nice. Those say they are 29.7in tall which would be a good jump from the stockers. So if those fit before you lifted it, how big do you think you could fit now? Do you think 31s would fit on those factory rims?

If you've got any pics of the clearance with the wheels locked out that would be awesome!

OP
OP

Jsober84

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nice. Those say they are 29.7in tall which would be a good jump from the stockers. So if those fit before you lifted it, how big do you think you could fit now? Do you think 31s would fit on those factory rims?

If you've got any pics of the clearance with the wheels locked out that would be awesome!
I tried 265/70/17s at3 wildpeaks with the 1.5" lift and wasn't even close to fitting. Those are 31" tires..

OP
OP

Jsober84

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So we got about 2" of ice followed by 4"s of snow last week. Bronco preformed amazing! I was on every steep windy back road I could find and didn't even come close to getting stuck. I even pulled a few full sized trucks out;)

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift with KO2s today. Rides great!

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift Kit and KO2's + Red Letters and Red Brake Calipers 20210208_153558
Ford Bronco Sport Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift Kit and KO2's + Red Letters and Red Brake Calipers 20210208_153454
Ford Bronco Sport Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift Kit and KO2's + Red Letters and Red Brake Calipers 20210208_153439
Ford Bronco Sport Installed Rough Country 1.5" Lift Kit and KO2's + Red Letters and Red Brake Calipers 20210208_153351
Do you have issues with anything rubbing or hitting unibody after the RC lift?

Someone in another thread said that they had issues in the rear with the stabilizer bar hitting the unibody after the install.

OP
OP

Jsober84

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Do you have issues with anything rubbing or hitting unibody after the RC lift?

Someone in another thread said that they had issues in the rear with the stabilizer bar hitting the unibody after the install.
With those tires everything was fine until I put the 1.5 in spacers on it. Slight Rub at full turn. Not enough to be concerned though. I do have a strut making a lot of noise in the front, I've got an appointment at the dealership to look at it this week. There is a recall on the rear suspension. I will note that the aftermarket wheels that I used have the same offset as the factory wheels.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
With those tires everything was fine until I put the 1.5 in spacers on it. Slight Rub at full turn. Not enough to be concerned though. I do have a strut making a lot of noise in the front, I've got an appointment at the dealership to look at it this week. There is a recall on the rear suspension. I will note that the aftermarket wheels that I used have the same offset as the factory wheels.
alright keep us updated, I am trying to soak up as much info before mine arrives so I can avoid the mistakes and issues others have found.
Sponsored