MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just got my BB+BB 36 hours ago, and I LOVE IT. There is much I could say about the comfort, how smooth it rides, the unexpected power you get in Sport, etc. But I know what everyone’s really asking is what I was asking when I got to the dealership...will it fit two car seats? Answer: yep.

We went to the dealership ready to walk away if it did not meet our family’s needs. It looks a little small from the outside, but the folks at Ford really did do some kind of magic trick with the interior. It’s very spacious; I don’t think I’ve ever had this much headroom. My wife was able to get in and out of the middle seat with both car seats in no problem.

Bottom line: the interior is deceptively spacious!

Note: I’m 5’10” and my wife is 5’3”

Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. 909960FB-D21C-4DC4-9272-F7C5C7C8A660
Sponsored

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My car seat doesn’t fit without moving the seat up to an uncomfortable position. I have it in the middle right now.

avane

Big Bend
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Hey Matt!
Wondering if you could maybe give some more details maybe on how tall you and your wife are? I'm in the same boat as you kind of (if it wont accomodate 2 car seats, it's a no go). I'm 5'-10 and my wife is 5-9 and definitely would want to be comfortable in the front with seats installed

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey Matt!
Wondering if you could maybe give some more details maybe on how tall you and your wife are? I'm in the same boat as you kind of (if it wont accomodate 2 car seats, it's a no go). I'm 5'-10 and my wife is 5-9 and definitely would want to be comfortable in the front with seats installed
I’m 5’10” and my wife is 5’3”

Two car seats in, it’s been just fine. Lots of room to maneuver. I mean it’s no Expedition or mini van, but it has worked for our family.

avane

Big Bend
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
I’m 5’10” and my wife is 5’3”

Two car seats in, it’s been just fine. Lots of room to maneuver. I mean it’s no Expedition or mini van, but it has worked for our family.
Thanks for this! I'm going in next week to test drive so we'll see

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for this! I'm going in next week to test drive so we'll see

Bring your car seats to snap in there. For the toddler size, we found our au pair (5’2”) could sit in the middle and get in and out. The head space really helps maneuver. For infant carriers, it’s a bit tighter but she could still sit in the middle.

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My car seat doesn’t fit without moving the seat up to an uncomfortable position. I have it in the middle right now.
For sure going to be different for each person. I’m 5’10” and the way I sit while driving leaves a good amount of room behind me.

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For sure going to be different for each person. I’m 5’10” and the way I sit while driving leaves a good amount of room behind me.
Yeah, after adjusting the steering wheel all the way forward and adjusting the seat, it does fit. It’s snug against back of seat, but it fits!

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
Just got my BB+BB 36 hours ago, and I LOVE IT. There is much I could say about the comfort, how smooth it rides, the unexpected power you get in Sport, etc. But I know what everyone’s really asking is what I was asking when I got to the dealership...will it fit two car seats? Answer: yep.

We went to the dealership ready to walk away if it did not meet our family’s needs. It looks a little small from the outside, but the folks at Ford really did do some kind of magic trick with the interior. It’s very spacious; I don’t think I’ve ever had this much headroom. My wife was able to get in and out of the middle seat with both car seats in no problem.

Ford Bronco Sport Not one but TWO rear-facing car seats? Yep, it’ll work. 909960FB-D21C-4DC4-9272-F7C5C7C8A660

good for you Matt.. It's wicked when it all works out!

Tom House

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Yeah, after adjusting the steering wheel all the way forward and adjusting the seat, it does fit. It’s snug against back of seat, but it fits!
Infant car seats are supposed to have 2-3 inches of space before the back of the seat in front.

Tom House

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Welp, that's that. Officially too small for us, both me and my wife are 6'2". Glad you posted this!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have drummer friends, one of whom takes his kit with him to test fit in the back (seats folded) every time he checks out a new vehicle (looking at compact crossover/SUVs that is).

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Note: I’m 5’10” and my wife is 5’3”

Looks like 3 would be a challenge...but then you'd have bigger things going on than trying to fit 3 car seats in a BS! The center position only has a tether point (no LATCH system) if I'm not mistaken anyway.
Sponsored