FE Roof Rail Crossbars-Why are they missing?

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Just curious to see how many first edition owners like me didn’t get the cross bars? Most of the pictures I have seen here of FE owners as well as on FB or even dealer sites are showing FE without cross bars. I contacted my dealer about it and they gave me some story about whoever originally ordered it (I didn’t order my FE, I just happened to get one that someone backed out of) must have chosen to not have the cross bars as a way to save money. I’ve also had the run around that if it wasn’t agreed on before purchase, it will have to be ordered separately. I thought this was supposed to be a factory included option according to Ford.

So how many of us didn’t get them and have you had any luck trying to get them? I know it was as mentioned on my other thread and @COBronco shared his difficulties in order to get his. I guess I’m just interested to know why so many of us are not getting them?

I have also seen @Steinfeld9 ’s post about it being changed to on optional accessory. I haven’t been able to find anything else about this. Can anyone verify that?

I apologize if this has been already discussed and I have missed it.
Sponsored

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just curious to see how many first edition owners like me didn’t get the cross bars? Most of the pictures I have seen here of FE owners as well as on FB or even dealer sites are showing FE without cross bars. I contacted my dealer about it and they gave me some story about whoever originally ordered it (I didn’t order my FE, I just happened to get one that someone backed out of) must have chosen to not have the cross bars as a way to save money. I’ve also had the run around that if it wasn’t agreed on before purchase, it will have to be ordered separately. I thought this was supposed to be a factory included option according to Ford.

So how many of us didn’t get them and have you had any luck trying to get them? I know it was as mentioned on my other thread and @COBronco shared his difficulties in order to get his. I guess I’m just interested to know why so many of us are not getting them?

I have also seen @Steinfeld9 ’s post about it being changed to on optional accessory. I haven’t been able to find anything else about this. Can anyone verify that?

Yeah so from what we all discussed and came to the conclusion, at least in my post, is that they removed the crossbar to reduce price most likely, the Ford website has a note at the bottom saying every option is subject to change and the same on the window stickers we received when our order emails came through. It is an add on option of course and someone very well could try to get them to lower the price and put it on the due bill because they want it and thought it would come with it (although I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to buy an FE without it). But overall I think it was completely removed from the build to make the price look more attractive.

Last edited:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I placed my FE reservation in July and cross bars were a $340 option at that time. I tried to uncouple from my order at time of delivery but dealer was unwilling to do so. I'd prefer to get the Yakima's, I have my cross bars in the classifieds section for $200 if anyone's interested. Just waiting for them to come in..........

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
So if I'm following this correctly, the FE is delivered without the crossbars but they are removing the 340 charge DIO?

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I fought to get the charge for the cross rails removed because it is listed in the xplan build and price as included on FE (optional on Badlands). Didn’t help that the original xplan tool had a $300 incentive that disappeared right when production started at the end of October so I was already annoyed. The dealership said they would make it up with my trade in (2013 Escape SEL), then they came back $3736 under the amount they offered me in a letter from the general sales manager at the end of August. Apparently it deprecated a lot in 4 months. In the end, they begrudgingly matched the xplan price I showed them from the Ford website (and I sold my car for $2k more than they offered). Oh, and I had to go back to request a refund for my $100 reservation since they didn’t deduct it from the invoice. The numbers worked out and I financed almost exactly what I planned so I’m happy. I love my new Bronco Sport and I’m glad I bought one - just need to get FordPass to work (Ford has to get the car’s modem entered into their system - they said it’s on their end). Good luck.

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
So if I'm following this correctly, the FE is delivered without the crossbars but they are removing the 340 charge DIO?
Yeah so from what we all discussed and came to the conclusion, at least in my post, is that they removed the crossbar to reduce price most likely, the Ford website has a note at the bottom saying every option is subject to change and the same on the window stickers we received when our order emails came through. It is an add on option of course and someone very well could try to get them to lower the price and put it on the due bill because they want it and thought it would come with it (although I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to buy an FE without it). But overall I think it was completely removed from the build to make the price look more attractive.
I placed my FE reservation in July and cross bars were a $340 option at that time. I tried to uncouple from my order at time of delivery but dealer was unwilling to do so. I'd prefer to get the Yakima's, I have my cross bars in the classifieds section for $200 if anyone's interested. Just waiting for them to come in..........
Ok not to throw fuel on this ever growing bonfire but to make it more confusing please see
the attached order 2021 Ford Bronco Sport order guide pages 13-14 info. To clarify the 401A FE package originally included (I) the cross bars. But somewhere in the dozen or so design modifications they became an option and added to the BS FE. Lucy (Ford) you have some splaining to do. The word from Ford Parts HQ is no timeline on availability as they try and figure it out on the fly...

Attachments

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
I fought to get the charge for the cross rails removed because it is listed in the xplan build and price as included on FE (optional on Badlands). Didn’t help that the original xplan tool had a $300 incentive that disappeared right when production started at the end of October so I was already annoyed. The dealership said they would make it up with my trade in (2013 Escape SEL), then they came back $3736 under the amount they offered me in a letter from the general sales manager at the end of August. Apparently it deprecated a lot in 4 months. In the end, they begrudgingly matched the xplan price I showed them from the Ford website (and I sold my car for $2k more than they offered). Oh, and I had to go back to request a refund for my $100 reservation since they didn’t deduct it from the invoice. The numbers worked out and I financed almost exactly what I planned so I’m happy. I love my new Bronco Sport and I’m glad I bought one - just need to get FordPass to work (Ford has to get the car’s modem entered into their system - they said it’s on their end). Good luck.
I plan on using xplan as well for the FE...im expecting ~ 38, 500 for the base price. Is that about right if you don't mind sharing of course.

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT

Ok not to throw fuel on this ever growing bonfire but to make it more confusing please see
the attached order 2021 Ford Bronco Sport order guide pages 13-14 info. To clarify the 401A FE package originally included (I) the cross bars. But somewhere in the dozen or so design modifications they became an option and added to the BS FE. Lucy (Ford) you have some splaining to do. The word from Ford Parts HQ is no timeline on availability as they try and figure it out on the fly...

Attachments

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Yeah there are a lot of moving parts. I'm okay with them removing the cross bars esp if it will speed up delivery but certainly I'd like to get credit the $340 back :)

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Seems more than ever, particularly with Ford's new reservation process, the dealers are a non value-adding cog in the purchase process.

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
I plan on using xplan as well for the FE...im expecting ~ 38, 500 for the base price. Is that about right if you don't mind sharing of course.
See the attached invoice sans the cargo management and cross bar costs..

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
Yeah there are a lot of moving parts. I'm okay with them removing the cross bars esp if it will speed up delivery but certainly I'd like to get credit the $340 back :)
To my knowledge the $340.00 sticks because the cross bars are a dealer installed (no charge) option. The cross bars have no effect on the timing of the delivery

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Sweet thanks for posting! Want to walk in dealer fully prepared.