speakeasy

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just installed the Thule HD crossbar system on my Big Bend. If anyone is curious, and wants more specs than the Ford accessories page offers, the kit consists of Wingbar Evo 135 crossbars and Rapid Crossroad 450R feet.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed B5552203-9DB6-4ACF-8542-0DBA98DAE936

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed 58A3700D-566C-4768-AC98-A62447CF82F6
Sponsored

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
These look great! thanks for adding the picture! I will defiantly be picking up a set for myself when my BL comes in. Did you get yours from Ford or from a 3rd party?

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
looks great! I've been holding out waiting for a photo of it on the BS. Do you know if the HD crossbar is the same as the Thule Evo Wingbar? Thule does have the HD on their site. It's hard to tell but the HD crossbar looks beefier than the Wingbar?

OP
OP

speakeasy

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
These look great! thanks for adding the picture! I will defiantly be picking up a set for myself when my BL comes in. Did you get yours from Ford or from a 3rd party?
I ordered it from the Ford accessories site, and had it shipped to the local dealership.

OP
OP

speakeasy

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
looks great! I've been holding out waiting for a photo of it on the BS. Do you know if the HD crossbar is the same as the Thule Evo Wingbar? Thule does have the HD on their site. It's hard to tell but the HD crossbar looks beefier than the Wingbar?
They came in a Wingbar Evo 135 box, so I assume they’re the same.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Thule's look great. I wish I would have waited. I have the OEM Off-road crossbars. They are fairly tall so I'll have to use a flat type rack instead of a roof basket. If I don't I'll risk ripping of my garage door if/when I forget it's on.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed OEM Rack

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
The Thule's look great. I wish I would have waited. I have the OEM Off-road crossbars. They are fairly tall so I'll have to use a flat type rack instead of a roof basket. If I don't I'll risk ripping of my garage door if/when I forget it's on.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed OEM Rack
Can the position on those be adjusted or are they static? Like can you slide them further to the rear?

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wish I had waited on the Thule's as well. My Sport hasn't come in yet - since the cross bars were a dealer installed option I wonder If I could swap them out before delivery?

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can the position on those be adjusted or are they static? Like can you slide them further to the rear?
Unfortunately they are static according to installer at the dealer. They installed for free just to figure out how to do it. According to him there are "J" hooks that slip into a slot on the rails that prevents any repositioning.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I had waited on the Thule's as well. My Sport hasn't come in yet - since the cross bars were a dealer installed option I wonder If I could swap them out before delivery?
I would ask now. Mine showed up before the vehicle. I mentioned I ordered them before other options were available and would change if I could. They were willing to sell me another set but said since I ordered the OEM's as a factory option they were coming with me either way

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I just installed the Thule HD crossbar system on my Big Bend. If anyone is curious, and wants more specs than the Ford accessories page offers, the kit consists of Wingbar Evo 135 crossbars and Rapid Crossroad 450R feet.
How is the wind noise with these on at highway speeds (i.e. 70mph+)? I got the OEM offroads and forgot them at the dealership when I picked up the car.

I'm looking at these as an alternative since they're lower profile (and not as "tall" as the OEM), but I also read a lot of negative reviews on Thule's site regarding wind noise / whistling.

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
I would ask now. Mine showed up before the vehicle. I mentioned I ordered them before other options were available and would change if I could. They were willing to sell me another set but said since I ordered the OEM's as a factory option they were coming with me either way
Had the same experience even though I was buying my car before the crossbars showed up. Their reasoning was that they are tied to the VIN and that it's tough to decouple them. Not a huge deal considering everything else with the car was right, but I didn't have any luck getting them to take off the price of the crossbars or offer a Ford parts credit instead.

OP
OP

speakeasy

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
How is the wind noise with these on at highway speeds (i.e. 70mph+)? I got the OEM offroads and forgot them at the dealership when I picked up the car.

I'm looking at these as an alternative since they're lower profile (and not as "tall" as the OEM), but I also read a lot of negative reviews on Thule's site regarding wind noise / whistling.
I’ve only had it on the interstate a couple of times since installing them, but I didn’t think the wind noise was bad. I read those same reviews, so I was worried about it too. When listening for it with the radio off there’s a little more noise than there was without them, but I haven’t heard any whistling yet.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I’ve only had it on the interstate a couple of times since installing them, but I didn’t think the wind noise was bad. I read those same reviews, so I was worried about it too. When listening for it with the radio off there’s a little more noise than there was without them, but I haven’t heard any whistling yet.
That's exactly the feedback I needed. Much appreciated.

Any noticeable difference in mpg?

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Just ordered the Thule crossbars! A few tips to help those shopping cross bars:

Part Numbers:
Yakima VM1PZ-7855100-A Link. Price $559
Thule VM1PZ-7855100-C Link. Price $369

Then, if you go to Ford Parts website you might save a bit. They were full price at my dealer but i checked a bunch of dealers in my area and found many dealers have them discounted and FREE shipping to your house. Found a different dealer had them for $287, and the site has a running promotion for $20 off orders >$75. So got them for $267 before tax.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed 1609825414996
Sponsored