GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
I wonder if the standard full size spare on the Badlands is the reason for the smaller cargo space.
Correct - as I recall the floor is slightly raised versus other models. I don't believe other trims have spare - just slim/air fill kit. As shown on specs moon roof eats a little volume too which is typically

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Correct - as I recall the floor is slightly raised versus other models. I don't believe other trims have spare - just slim/air fill kit. As shown on specs moon roof eats a little volume too which is typically
Tow packages also get a full size spare. Even on the 1.5L

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I honestly really love my crosstrek. However I just moved out to the Sacramento area in Cali and my second weekend up here the CVT overheated climbing up at rather steep loose dirt trail. Which is why I'm going BL/BL, I plan on doing a lot more of that. If I wasn't, I'd keep my Crosstrek.

If you're not doing some heavier off roading, the lower trims will be fine. They'll certainly be more capable than my Crosstrek, which impressed me with it's capabilities overall.
No doubt love what subaruā€™s can do off-road while maintaining that efficiency on pavement, but the addition of cvts in recent years made me sad lol. the forester i have now is automatic transmission but iā€™ve heard a handful of cvt bummers now including yours, that make me look the other way (considering i was so close to purchasing a new forester before they announced the bronco sport)

before i had my forester i was in a corolla. i definitely went on more adventures ever since i started driving an awd decent clearance car. Iā€™m wondering if I stick with lower trim BS, i may be missing out on going to places i didnā€™t dare to try before. iā€™m thinking if I get a vehicle even more capable (BL vs BB) I could be doing even more adventurous trips. which is the main reason why the BL is still an option for me. maybe iā€™ll just leave it up to fate / my budget lol. canā€™t forget about all the accessories xD

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
It's disappointing, especially for a daily driver. Its gonna be a big drop for me.
Yeah, I would have hoped for more, especially dealing with potential longevity issues with a turbo.

While neither have the HP/torque numbers of the Sport 2.0, my Colorado has the same tow capacity and gets ~30MPG on my commute, and my CX-5 around 33.5 MPG. Both on regular fuel.

I'm not comparing apples to oranges, just real-world considerations one has to make when considering a daily driver.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
If you get the tow package you get a full sized spare otherwise you get a donut spare.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
If you get the tow package you get a full sized spare otherwise you get a donut spare.
Yeah I didn't read that before ordering and I never tow anything. I did check that box tho....just in case and am now very glad I did.

frk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Ford's specs on Bronco Sport site seem to indicate that all the 2.0's have slightly less cargo space, even without the tow package.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Ford's specs on Bronco Sport site seem to indicate that all the 2.0's have slightly less cargo space, even without the tow package.
i think all badlands models have a full size spare. could be wrong but that was my impression from some walk around tours / videos

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
i think all badlands models have a full size spare. could be wrong but that was my impression from some walk around tours / videos
I think some of the walk arounds gave out some incorrect information. On the website it lists a mini spare as standard on the Badlands.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I think some of the walk arounds gave out some incorrect information. On the website it lists a mini spare as standard on the Badlands.
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport MPG (23 Combined) Revealed in Actual Window Sticker 445E83DD-FDBA-4EBA-831B-0379CB57C735
From the build and price. I also recognize that it has been a total cluster f*** so it is very possible that it could be wrong.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
No doubt love what subaruā€™s can do off-road while maintaining that efficiency on pavement, but the addition of cvts in recent years made me sad lol. the forester i have now is automatic transmission but iā€™ve heard a handful of cvt bummers now including yours, that make me look the other way (considering i was so close to purchasing a new forester before they announced the bronco sport)

before i had my forester i was in a corolla. i definitely went on more adventures ever since i started driving an awd decent clearance car. Iā€™m wondering if I stick with lower trim BS, i may be missing out on going to places i didnā€™t dare to try before. iā€™m thinking if I get a vehicle even more capable (BL vs BB) I could be doing even more adventurous trips. which is the main reason why the BL is still an option for me. maybe iā€™ll just leave it up to fate / my budget lol. canā€™t forget about all the accessories xD
To Be honest... unless you are REALLY looking to do that MOAB Hells Gate climb, I think the 1.5L will do fine.

For 90% of the people who make adventurous trips... There are always a better line to take. If you do 80% daily grind commute and 20% Adventure, I think your savings will go well into a Bumper/Bar & Winch system.

Last edited:

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
To Be honest... unless you are REALLY looking to do that MOAB Hells Gate climb, I think the 1.5L will do fine.

For 90% of the people who make adventurous trips... There are always a better line to take. If you do 80% daily grind commute and 20% Adventure, I think your savings will go well into a Bumper/Bar & Winch system.
I agree. while my current forester is all stock (yes even tires smh i know) I plan on upgrading my BS. That being said i agree that the savings I would have from opting for the Big Bend could go into getting a lift / bigger tires for clearance, and recovery gear. All while having that bit of extra fuel economy. I honestly don't plan on doing crazy rock crawls out in moab, it'll be more dirt / sand trails. Sounds like lower trims may be the better option for me and what my needs are. I guess all it takes now is to at least test how it drives and that'll be my deciding factor.

either way, as long as I get on some trails again i'll be happy. gotta give my current car some rest
Sponsored