Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You’re right base doesn’t have the keyless entry keypad but this doesn’t mean the keyless entry keypad for other trims doesn’t require keys nearby... like the “keyless” push to start requires keys nearby.

Not saying I’m right but it would serve the same purpose of not having to dig your keys out to unlock your car as it does to not dig them out to put in the ignition to start.

Does your current vehicle have physical buttons or touchpad? I know the physical buttons don’t require keys nearby.

My assumption of the touchpad requiring keys nearby is because they offer an optional physical keypad that specifically says... “unlock your vehicle without your key or keyless entry remote”
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Accessories Brochure with MSRP 3BD8D48A-9495-422A-A0FD-1708CF226495

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Accessories Brochure with MSRP 070C848A-3321-4F21-8811-1B02FC350E04

yes it could be just for base but I don’t think so..

I think it has it’s own battery that powers the same mechanism that the touchpad controls. This optional keypad will work when the car battery is completely drained and you don’t have your keys.. and my theory is that the touchpad will not

Also...
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Accessories Brochure with MSRP 2D5EDA0D-CBC3-4551-878B-BB92158F927E
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Accessories Brochure with MSRP 725F6500-E1BB-4076-8F23-A936F15815A9
The documentation you provided from Ford is a bit misleading. They provide a picture of the keypad but then discuss keyless entry, which are two different things. The keyless entry definitely requires you to have the keys and it senses you are near the vehicle like the documentation says then unlocks the car one you touch the door handle. The keypad does not require your keys to be anywhere near the vehicle and you can still lock and unlock (among other things) your vehicle. I tested this on my explorer and escape just now to verify.

I haven’t tried to use the keypad when the battery is dead so I can’t confirm that theory.
Sponsored

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Hood scoop! Lol
The Hood scoop on page 11 looks different than the one on page 15. If only they did a whole new hood with the integrated scoop and added either top air intake or intercooler kit.

Else its one of those exterior mods that I usually laugh at too. But hey.. to each their own. I'd rather have the FE's hood decals.

On another note.. I'm interested on the fender flares on Page 12 Accessory B than Page 15 Accessory G. It would match up really well with Mud tires as it gives an additional 1-1/2" flare.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
The Hood scoop on page 11 looks different than the one on page 15. If only they did a whole new hood with the integrated scoop and added either top air intake or intercooler kit.

Else its one of those exterior mods that I usually laugh at too. But hey.. to each their own. I'd rather have the FE's hood decals.

On another note.. I'm interested on the fender flares on Page 12 Accessory B than Page 15 Accessory G. It would match up really well with Mud tires as it gives an additional 1-1/2" flare.
Agreed on the hood scoop. I actually quite like the added aggressive look, but wish it were functional & not just a peel + stick application, no thanks... The bolt on flares look MUCH better than the dinky little ones we saw on the updated B+P last month though. I'll likely order those separate from the dealer after I take delivery in Feb/March.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Agreed on the hood scoop. I actually quite like the added aggressive look, but wish it were functional & not just a peel + stick application, no thanks... The bolt on flares look MUCH better than the dinky little ones we saw on the updated B+P last month though. I'll likely order those separate from the dealer after I take delivery in Feb/March.
I want them as well.. but... $400+ is a bit steep.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I hope they add the front nudge bar as seen on the trail rig concept, def interested in that.
I tried to contact Daystar Offroad to see if they are planning on releasing some Bronco sport products.

I was hoping something like the Front Winch Bumper can be made.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Accessories Brochure with MSRP Jeep_Winch_Bumper

No Answer...

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I like the idea of a hood scoop but wish it was better incorporated with the rest of the hood. A simple scoop like on the Jeep 392 concept would look good.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Accessories Brochure with MSRP 1605823526806

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The bolt on flares look MUCH better than the dinky little ones we saw on the updated B+P last month though. I'll likely order those separate from the dealer after I take delivery in Feb/March.
So the flares are no-drilling-required. Depending on the price, i could see benefit even if a bit "fake" (like my fake steelies :) )

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
The Faux rivet fender flares look good to me.. but in theory.. you can drill out and use real rivets.. though I don't know if I'd do that either.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Ford are you listing? Is anybody else disappointed that there isn't a little
Sasquatch Package?

It should Have been call Bronco Adventure that way we had BA rather than BS.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Ford are you listing? Is anybody else disappointed that there isn't a little
Sasquatch Package?

It should Have been call Bronco Adventure that way we had BA rather than BS.
My gut feeling is that the BS will have multiple packages in the next 2-3 years including a "ST-type" build with the 2.3L, a hybrid and likely a "Sasquatch" package. I don't think they initially wanted to compete with the big Bronco by adding the Sasquatch, but given the insane number of orders, the sky is the limit. Then again, it's not built on a frame, so there are limitations. I have no doubt I'll be trading mine in if there is a "ST" edition or if they add the 2.3L.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I want them as well.. but... $400+ is a bit steep.
I had a look at an install video for the bushwhacker flares. looks like the bolts are not “faux” and, on this vehicle, it was not a hard install. Here is the video:

its worth noting that Bushwacker does not list he BS yet.

also, the flare used by MAD was by Air Design which is not avail through Ford.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I believe the Ford ones are Faux though... I guess I'll wait for aftermarket options.

Edit:
I had a look at an install video for the bushwhacker flares. looks like the bolts are not “faux” and, on this vehicle, it was not a hard install. Here is the video:

its worth noting that Bushwacker does not list he BS yet.

also, the flare used by MAD was by Air Design which is not avail through Ford.
Actually I believe from Chris' reply (that you posted)... Air Design is the manufacturer for the flare for Ford. There are two different looking sets of flares though. You can see MAD's vehicle using the non Riveted style 3M tape on.

I would go for the Riveted style using the Super Bolt that Air Design shows on their main website.

Last edited:

Sport Fan

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport HLE
Have I missed this accessory (Interior Cargo Shade/Privacy Cover TBD $150.00) in this new brochure or is it not yet
available?

Thanks!
Sponsored