What You don’t like about Bronco 2 doors, 4 doors, and sport!

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Get a 2/4 dr bronco that has all this except for the self opening rear hatch. You are capable of self recovering your vehicle but can’t self open the rear hatch? The demand for a power lift gate is very interesting to me.
I can see the point of wanting power open liftgate though for a Sport, as it will be used much more often as a daily driver for most buyers. Can't say I disagree it would be a nice feature to have, but I'm not upset about it either. Absolutely though, I question the odd decision (and hyped marketing campaign) to include a bottle opener... seriously, how many of us will actually use that?? Lol
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
All fair points. I wasn't advocating for one over the other, just stating my opinion. Coming from a vehicle with a key-fob trunk button that doesn't actually work as intended, it makes no real difference to me.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I fall into that camp too, considering the power lift-gate not only unnecessary, but undesirable. Mainly because they are slow and I can open and close it manually faster, a big plus in the rain. My wife's vehicle has this and it is very frustrating in use. The slowness and the annoying beep are not for me.

One might argue that it, if equipped, it can still be operated manually. Perhaps so, but then it does become more difficult with the mechanism's mechanical drag and weight.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Size: Needs to be at least 7 inches longer but not a deal breaker.
Height: Needs to clear at least 10 inches instead of 8ish. Not a deal breaker, especially if there is a 1-2 lift option.
Engine: **Might** need more HP -- at least 300. (If the acceleration is too slow for safe passing, or stuttered / delayed (like the Telluride), it's going to be 100% deal breaker.
Safety: No word yet on crash testing. Could be a deal breaker if it's a death trap.
Rear seats: If they don't fold down flat, this would be a potential deal breaker for me as it would not allow sleeping in the vehicle.
Headlamps: Yet to be tested. If they don't throw out good light - it's a deal breaker. A lot of SUV's have this serious problem.
No Sync-4. Not a deal breaker but could nix the deal if other "near" deal breakers are present.
Moon Roof. Don't want it.

We will see if any of the deal breakers are present once third party reviews come out. Like a lot of people, I'm not signing on the dotted line until I test drive it and see other reviews.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Get a 2/4 dr bronco that has all this except for the self opening rear hatch. You are capable of self recovering your vehicle but can’t self open the rear hatch? The demand for a power lift gate is very interesting to me.
LOL Pure laziness on my behalf. I've come to appreciate the power lift gate when my hands are full and I don't want to put things on the ground, snow, mud or whatever to just open the hatch. As far as the full size Bronco, I'd love to but it doesn't fit my garage, budget, or need of a vehicle by February. Hopefully!

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'll join the party. but still nitpicking

Dislikes:
waiting! haha.
Sync 3 instead of 4
moonroof required with other options
concur on excessive plastic trim and antenna placement

Kinda dislikes:
Length- yep, could be a tad longer to sleep in comfortably (but not deal breaker)
concept vehicle options lies if we can't get lift from dealer or roof can't handle most of the few decent roof top tents on market (especially with moonroof option- as believed in a few videos).
Towing Capacity - just a smidge more.

Also think Bottle opener is kinda funny- what, a $5 item? Cans are preferred while camping so no glass breakage. Just for advertising if you ask me... will give me a reason to buy glass?? dunno.

Performance and maintenance wise - TBD.

Obviously a lot to like however!

plumber26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a
Too me, cars are all about wants for the individual, but anyhoo ...

Big Broncos: - the foundational design aspect of open air driving. I've little interest in that and would rather have a hard body with optimal sound proofing, no seams etc.

- low tow rating

- endless hype and waiting. (I have to chuckle when the sister site's banner reads "since 2015". I mean, how many driving years have you got.)

Bronco Sport: - what appears to me an unnecessarily short rear overhang. A few inches longer would have provided more cargo and still be perfectly acceptable to me (and I think most off highway drivers).

also ...

- low tow rating

- stereo upgrade is bundled

- kinda pricey for me

Last edited:

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Oooh a place to rant, haha. My turn:

Lack of individual selectable options - I get that bundles are more economical for Ford, but c'mon.
Sync-4, no hybrid available, excessive amount of exterior black plastic trims - give us options for body color panels! Accessory switches and active-X seating material (or vinyl like big brother) would be nice to have. And ambient lighting only available in one trim level.
you know the second generation escape, which looks a lot like the bronco sport, had body colored bumpers and it looked pretty good. Normally ford offers “sport” appearance packages on other vehicles that add the body colored bumpers/trim so I would expect there to be an appearance package in year 2 or 3, although they will have to come up with another name for it. Bronco sport sport just doesn’t sound right ?.

Maybe it’s just my OCD, but the BRONCO SPORT lettering on the lift gate bothers me ?. It just seems like there’s too many letters crammed in there. I think just BRONCO or SPORT would look better.

Ford Bronco Sport What You don’t like about Bronco 2 doors, 4 doors, and sport! 1602955249568

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I don't like the Bronco Sport lettering on the tail gate either. I'd have preferred nothing. When I buy mine, it would be gray or alto blue or some DARK color and I plan on changing the WHITE lettering (Ugh!) to dark gray or black to blend in with the body color. I cannot stand such contrasting lettering. I will probably make the lettering on the front grill a dark color too, to match the grill.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
they will have to come up with another name for it. Bronco sport sport just doesn’t sound right ?.
It’s not any worse than Land Rover Range Rover Sport (that really is the full name of it).

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
One thing I did not mention is the "feel" inside the vehicle. I want to fell like I sitting high enough to get that "truck" or SUV feeling, not a "car" feeling. This is also important for off-road visibility. Nor do I want to feel cramped. The wide angle pictures make it look really big inside, but the numbers say "small." This is rather important and I won't know until I sit in it.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
My biggest disappointment? The towing capacity. 3000 lbs would be much better.