Highly recommended accessories from beginner to professional, practical or just to look cool

kissmetoomuch

First Edition
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi everyone!
There are so many accessories (see full list) to choose from, some of them are so similar , we have no idea which one to choose. So confused !

Do you have any highly recommended accessories for beginners to professionals for off road or regular campers

The accessories that are practical,
The accessories are just to look cool

thank you very much
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I don’t have experience with vehicle accessories but I’m interested in this conversation. I’ll share what I’m planning to get.

As for practicality.. For off-road camping trips.. I’ll get the small locknload roof cargo platform to hold recovery boards, shovel, high jack, and jerry cans. Also.. jump starter and sportz tent. For ski trips.. the snowboard carrier. For everyday.. the windshield sunscreen.

As for cool looks.. the bump bar in the front. There was that one time I pushed a stranger that broke down on the road a mile or so to his house. No damage on either vehicle but I would be happy to do it again with a front bump bar.
You made a nice list and I agree. Here are a few comments.
  • I hope to add a hitch-mounted bike rack.
  • Depending on the fog lights, I might be inclined to get better / additional lighting. We get a lot of fog and gray in the Pacific NW.
  • As we all have been discussing elsewhere, I'm inclined to go with the ground tent rather than rooftop. The BL+BL does not have the roof strength for anything interesting. And I'd rather put other stuff up on the roof on the locknload platform (still limited to 100 pounds).
  • I need to mount my mobile ham radio. That will be another assignment (not a Ford accessory :) ).