JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm really starting to lose focus on what really will be in a FE when mine comes in. Online says storage compartment, build sheet says no.
I agree. They are doing a good job of making me second-guess decision about FE. I don't really know what is an authoritative document. Example: the eSourceBook that was shared, page 75, shows under-seat as standard on both BL and FE.

And now, looking at the Badlands Package (96X), it includes most of the FE options (including the moonroof). (page 79).
  • 4-way manually adjustable head restraint driver and front-passenger
  • 6-way power passenger leather-trimmed seat
  • 8-way power driver leather-trimmed seat
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10-speakers including subwoofer
  • Door handles — body-color
  • Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
  • HD Radio
  • Power moonroof
  • Remote Start System
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Steering wheel — heated and leather-wrapped
  • Wireless charging pad
Certainly, I missed this. So, what is it I'm getting with an FE? Navy Pier interior, decals, Class II tow package, A/T Off-Road Tire.

If I did the BL with BL Package (96X) and Class II tow package (MSRP 38,285 ) and A/T 235/65R17 tires rather than FE (MSRP 39,995 ), what additional value am I really getting for the extra $1700?

I'm not wanting to dither but it is not clear to me. Maybe I could get some of the extra goodies being described in the concept rigs that were just posted.

What do you all think?
Sponsored

txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
I agree. They are doing a good job of making me second-guess decision about FE. I don't really know what is an authoritative document. Example: the eSourceBook that was shared, page 75, shows under-seat as standard on both BL and FE.

And now, looking at the Badlands Package (96X), it includes most of the FE options (including the moonroof). (page 79).
  • 4-way manually adjustable head restraint driver and front-passenger
  • 6-way power passenger leather-trimmed seat
  • 8-way power driver leather-trimmed seat
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10-speakers including subwoofer
  • Door handles — body-color
  • Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
  • HD Radio
  • Power moonroof
  • Remote Start System
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Steering wheel — heated and leather-wrapped
  • Wireless charging pad
Certainly, I missed this. So, what is it I'm getting with an FE? Navy Pier interior, decals, Class II tow package, A/T Off-Road Tire.

If I did the BL with BL Package (96X) and Class II tow package (MSRP 38,285 ) and A/T 235/65R17 tires rather than FE (MSRP 39,995 ), what additional value am I really getting for the extra $1700?

I'm not wanting to dither but it is not clear to me. Maybe I could get some of the extra goodies being described in the concept rigs that were just posted.

What do you all think?
All valid observations, That's why I skipped on the FE and went with Badlands. I saw more value in the aftermarket goodies more than making up any differences the FE had over the Badlands.

Phillyman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
Def glad I chose badlands + badlands after reading this. Kind of shocked it doesn’t mention anything about Park Assist. Not that it’s a necessary feature since I can parallel well but it’s still shocking that with so many semi-autonomous features that they would leave that out... what gives?

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Def glad I chose badlands + badlands after reading this. Kind of shocked it doesn’t mention anything about Park Assist. Not that it’s a necessary feature since I can parallel well but it’s still shocking that with so many semi-autonomous features that they would leave that out... what gives?
This and the lack of 360+ in the FE really needs to be clarified/explained.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This and the lack of 360+ in the FE really needs to be clarified/explained.
I have pinged my local dealer. Unfortunately, they tell me they know less about this than I do because of this forum! So i'm not sure whio will be doing the clarifying!

Phillyman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
I have pinged my local dealer. Unfortunately, they tell me they know less about this than I do because of this forum! So i'm not sure whio will be doing the clarifying!
Just sent a text to my dealer also but really not holding my breathe. Something tells me it won’t be an option for some unknown reason. Like why the sport also won’t be getting sync4. Womp Womp.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sent a text to my dealer also but really not holding my breathe. Something tells me it won’t be an option for some unknown reason. Like why the sport also won’t be getting sync4. Womp Womp.
Getting Sync 3 at least makes sense since they're getting 80% of the parts from the Escape, but it's not like those don't have park assist or 360+ available, so....

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All valid observations, That's why I skipped on the FE and went with Badlands. I saw more value in the aftermarket goodies more than making up any differences the FE had over the Badlands.
One more question. If i read the configurator & eSourcebook correctly, to get navigation, you have three options.
  • Buy the $795 Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package. Ouch!
  • Use Apple CarPlay
  • Use a Garmin
Is this correct? Beyond adaptive cruise control, do any of you think it is worth it? It seems expensive.

hawkonthego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Would of been good if Ford put a 10 way power seat instead of the 8 way power seat. Escape offers 10 way power, why not Bronco Sport.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Would of been good if Ford put a 10 way power seat instead of the 8 way power seat. Escape offers 10 way power, why not Bronco Sport.
Probably because Escape is more comfort/luxury oriented and the B/Sport is more rugged/off-road/utility oriented?
8-way is more than enough in my personal case, but I can see why people would want more.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
Probably because Escape is more comfort/luxury oriented and the B/Sport is more rugged/off-road/utility oriented?
8-way is more than enough in my personal case, but I can see why people would want more.
Only reason for me is the 10 way is set up for seat memory. Dont care if its 8 or 10 but having memory means not having to readjust it every time I switch off with the wife on who is driving.

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda F6B, 2006 Honda CR-V, 2016 Jayco 26AY RV,
I personally don’t think it’s worth it. I use apple car play on my wife’s car and the map works great on the screen.
Won't work for me as I often off-road where there is no cell signal, the NAV system works anywhere you can see the sky.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Won't work for me as I often off-road where there is no cell signal, the NAV system works anywhere you can see the sky.
Agreed. Cell coverage in the rural area where I spend a lot of time is pretty much non-existent for navigation purposes. I keep a separate Garmin in my current vehicle because it doesn't have sat nav.
Sponsored