txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
Does anyone already have plans to go aftermarket right out the gate? I'm considering AT tires but that's it for now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
txbronc

txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
Was bored and figured I'd throw some Methods on it.... would look good imo.
Ford Bronco Sport Wheel and Tire plans? BroncoWMethods

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Wonder what will be the biggest tires that can go on the Factory "steel" wheel on the Badlands trim.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I noticed on the First Edition that 17" wheels are the only ones in the build package on the website but if you go to the invoice/options list you may be able to get 18". Can anyone clarify for me? Would 18's look better on the Sport? Thanks

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18" wheels would mean less/smaller sidewall of the tire, assuming you're going with recommended tire size for that wheel. The tire on the OB 18" wheels will also be less wide than the optional/bigger tire size offered on 17" wheels of the BL model with the "steelies".
(OB gets 225/60/18 and BL gets 225/65/17 or 235/65/17 series)

Me personally thinks that 17" wheels with tires that have bigger sidewall and wider track looks meatier/better/more aggressive on a Sport, than 18" wheels and a "thinner" looking tire.(or most SUVs). More sidewall also means more protection off road.

You can see the attached pic and see the difference in the sidewall amount of the different tires pretty well.
Ford Bronco Sport Wheel and Tire plans? OBBLL.JPG

Last edited:

Horsetail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Has anyone had difficulty ordering the aluminum wheels on the badlands with the all terrain tire? My build via configurator added both for $300, my dealer said their internal system was having trouble as it was invoicing a different price for the wheels+tires. They’re circling up with their ford rep to figure it out, so should get resolved, was just curious if anyone had had a similar issue.

OP
OP
txbronc

txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
Also, anyone know what the lug pattern is?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've built mine with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's -- I run those now on my Jeep JK Wrangler and they are fabulous in the Houston rain...
How is the noise level with those tires on dry pavement? I know it's not an AS tire, so very low noise can't be expected, but I am just curious...

RyanT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
noise is a concern for me as tire sound hits ,y hearing in a rough spot (had ear surgery and this is leftover).

Regarding clearance, I assume the Pirellis will have 0.25” less clearance (29 - 28.5 = 0.5” divided by 2 since the axle traverses the center line). This would mean 8.8” clearance drops to 8.55” Correct? Or does Ford somehow compensate by lifting the suspension?

If the clearance drops, then the entry and exit angles would also decrease.

I‘m on the fence here.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Went with 17” on my Badlands. Most of my driving is on sand and aired down to 18 lbs and I wanted a bigger sidewall.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
i'm switching from FE to BL+BL. Now I have to choose wheels & tires. I want the 235/65R17 A/T Off-Road Tire. So what about wheels?

Question: Which wheels do you like? The Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel (Net cost: $300) or the Painted Pockets Wheels (Net cost: $495).

I'm not sure why the difference in cost but it is what it is.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
PhotoShop fun from awhile back before we got the concept vehicles. Wanted it a little more aggressive so used the Black Rhino Arsenal rims with 30" MT tires and lifted it somewhere between 1-2".
In reality: I would go with an aggressive AT and save the MT tires for my old CJ5. I have run the KO2s on a Cherokee and really like them. The factory option of Wild Peak AT3W seems like they might be good and the "steelies" look ok. I will make sure we break them in before we decide to change anything.

Ford Bronco Sport Wheel and Tire plans? BroncoSpt