Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
Here's the latest, the wife just took a random trail on the way to the farm, lol!

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I posted in the loose swaybar thread, I think I wrote it off last night in a snow storm. Wife won't let me post the video as she's too upset of me wrecking "baby"...

Once we talk to the adjuster we'll see. All the doors open and close, no air bags went off, no glass is broke, just the front fender and wheel peeled back. (took a 100' of cable and a tow strap to get it back up the embankment we launched off. Broke off at least 20 smaller trees and at least 2 5-6" in diameter!!

Nobody hurt, better mention that.

What a tank!!

Ford Bronco Sport My latest Bronco Sport youtube video IMG_1484

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, they wrote it off. Complete bullshit as far as I'm concerned. As a mechanic of 36+ years, when I hear a body guy say :the axle was ripped right out and probably needs a transmission", BULLSHIT!!!
The axle was folded back until the CV broke. In other words, put a pry bar behind the cv joint and pop the inside of it out and snap in another complete axle! "The bottom is all beat up, big dents etc"...You mean the body got beat up under the skid plates???? (I looked, again, total BS)

Regardless, we had replacement on our insurance and they are saying since there's $38,000 damage, they're writing it off and giving us a cheque for the purchase price of a new one.

Video's coming but here's a quick pic of what she drove home tonight;

Ford Bronco Sport My latest Bronco Sport youtube video Frame-01487

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ups and downs;
Up-New veh, no mileage, all nicks/scratches gone, get my skid plates etc back, 3 more features than the old one
Down-Higher monthly by $17 for one year longer, insurance will probably go up,18" rims...

Lots more but overall all I care is I finally saw a smile after 2 weeks, lol! (she went through a trail on the way home and got a bit of mud on it)

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Would the insurance company let you by back your crashed Sport at a huge discount? You could turn it into a project vehicle. In the photo it doesn't look that bad other than the rim, axle and possible suspension pieces.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update;
1) Talked to the insurance adjuster who passed me off a couple times to the auction company that has possession of it now. Asked if I could buy it back and they said I can come bid on it if I have a dealers license as it's going to a dealers auction. Insurance said it was worth 36,000 and there was $38,000 in damage...I called BS but what can I do? Can't buy it now because it's "in the system" which means someone will get it, fix it and then put it back on the road. If I can't have it back then at least it's going back on the road.

I wrote on the rollover sticker I got with the lift kit, that's on the back of the drivers visor, my you tube channel. Hopefully whoever gets it will look it up.

2) yes there are 235/65/17's on it.

3) RSH, I immediately thought of that...although I have too many projects now... but I thought of making new lower control arms, moving the ball joint 1" forward which would give enough room for 31"s. Do an alignment but even if it is too much negative castor, that will just help it track straight. Other plan would be to strip the drivetrain out and sell it and set the body on a ranger frame. Diesel/manual/lockers/35's, oh yeah it would be badass!! But...It's just a dream since I can't get it now.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm doing video's up, waiting for the wife to finally say "oh I don't care, go ahead" lol!!
1) Here's the "$38,000 in damage" (see what I mean by BS??)
2) Pulling the skid plates and stuff off
3) Everything home on the floor of the garage

Ford Bronco Sport My latest Bronco Sport youtube video little1

Ford Bronco Sport My latest Bronco Sport youtube video little2

Ford Bronco Sport My latest Bronco Sport youtube video little3

Dadio

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
He's another, deep water etc.
After seeing this video I must say I’m impressed at the capability of the BS Badlands. We have a Polaris Rzr900 and we go through similar terrain but I never thought the BS would handle that level of mud and ruts. We bought a Big Bend with the idea that the Big Bend would tow the Rzr900 to the trails, and then go off roading on the Polaris, The Bronco Sport is an impressive Vehicle, your wife's driving is equally capable,
Sponsored