Robert Flavor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2000 Kawasaki KLR650
Share a little bit about a recent offroading expedition you've taken your Bronco on. Photos/videos please.

This forum has gotten a little stale with exciting information. I feel like I rarely see anyone using their car so I wanted to show a little bit of what I do with my BS in hopes that others will do the same, or at least get some insight into how the car performs offroading.

I went to Blanca Peak in southern Colorado this weekend. The trail goes from baseball sized boulders, to bowling ball sized boulders, to human-being sized boulders. After about 3 miles up the trail, I don't think you could make it any further without sustaining damage, you'd have to have an actual trail rig.

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm1

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm2

I think I drove up 2ish miles of the trail and camped about 1,500 feet above the start. It was a pretty easy climb, just air down the tires and take it slow. At the most aggressive part I got to a 13 degree roll angle, but that was it. I camped at the yellow dot and hiked to the red dot on the other side of the mountain. Had to use some rocks for leveling ramps so I could comfortably sleep.

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm3

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm4

It isn't the right season to try the full hike, but I hiked up to Como Lake which was pretty exhausting. Snow was up past my knees for half of the hike, I would have needed snowshoes to make it to Crater Lake. All in all, one of the most beautiful and serene places I've ever witnessed. Saw a bighorn.

You'll see some of the crazy boulders I was talking about in the photo below. You can drive to all of these places if your car is gnarly enough, but the boulder in the first photo is about three and a half feet high.
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm5

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm6

I encourage everyone to visit Blanca Peak, but if you do, don't litter. Seriously, please pick up after yourself. I picked up so much trash out there it blows my mind. If I catch anyone throwing their garbage, I will throw you off the mountain. We're in the wilderness, it will look like an accident.

Other than that, get out there and happy wheeling!

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories swm7
Sponsored

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I thought everyone knew there is an Off-Roading, Overlanding and camping sub forum! Though it doesn't seem to get a lot of attention,

Some story behind these pics, the class 6 rd sign we encountered at the end of a trail, we did in N.H. the day after we did the Off Roadeo at Gunstock mtn and it was covered in spots with Soccer to basket ball sized rocks, in many spots and it was late in the day with no real idea where we would end up. The "Bridge" was about 6" wider than the BS and had places that it looked like someone had dropped a tire through. That was on another Class vl road, as there was also a sign that said the bridge was unsafe, we decided to turn around, though I did consider putting the traction boards over the holes. I guess good sense got the better of me, what with a 10' drop to the water and being 10+ hours from home. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/forums/off-roading-overlanding-camping.47/
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories ED151CF2-5E93-4C7A-9195-15FEC38819D3

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories 058068D3-0719-490B-803E-CA1563CBE00B

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories 37D05560-B08C-47AB-BB57-D1B76AE4436A

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories 3489EC86-5F0D-46B3-A917-D8E19491BC79

Last edited:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I will try to remeber and go over there more.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I looked on Google Maps and found both Kankakee and Hopkins Park. Is this a specific off-road park?
Yes its a lot of dirt bikes and sxs vehicles as well as 4x4 vehicles.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport