Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
One of the main reasons I bought my Bronco Sport was the Freewheelin Bronco Sport concept that was on display at the 2021 SEMA Show. Back then I said "this is my next new vehicle". Now its a reality! I bought a 78 Pinto Cruising Wagon new that I still own and drive. It was part of the 70's Freewheeling themed cars and trucks . Three of the five colors that I put on my Bronco are the same as the Pintos. I will do a little tweaking of my design including 3d white letters on the hatch spelling FREEWHEELING , as soon as I can find someone that will make them.

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands done 3

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands done 2

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands stripes 4

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands stripes 3

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands strips 2
Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Looks awesome. One of those "I wouldn't do it to mine, but it looks great on yours" situations. That pinto wagon is freaking sweet.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
A friend of mine had a “free wheeling Pinto” in college. You don’t see many Pinto’s in the Midwest these days.

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
That's gorgeous!! It's a shame they don't have a light tan color for the sport to really match the color scheme on the stripes. That's seriously awesome!

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
It begs the question: How the hell did you keep that Pinto so nice for so long? Not many of those left. Also - when does the Bronco get it's own porthole? Nice work.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you design and print these yourself? Or is there somewhere these can be ordered? I too loved that concept at Sema and have not seen enough graphics in that style on the market. Looks great!

OP
OP
Wandering Pinto

Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's gorgeous!! It's a shame they don't have a light tan color for the sport to really match the color scheme on the stripes. That's seriously awesome!
I did a nation wide search to get a new 2022 Bronco Sport in Iconic Silver to better match the G1 silver on the Pinto. Was hard to find,but I did .

OP
OP
Wandering Pinto

Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you design and print these yourself? Or is there somewhere these can be ordered? I too loved that concept at Sema and have not seen enough graphics in that style on the market. Looks great!
The day after I brought it home I made paper patterns of how I wanted the stripes to be. I took my paper patterns to my vinyl guy who made them from my patterns and applied they this weekend.

OP
OP
Wandering Pinto

Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It begs the question: How the hell did you keep that Pinto so nice for so long? Not many of those left. Also - when does the Bronco get it's own porthole? Nice work.
I did not drive it many winters. After sitting idle for about 20 years I did do a home restoration and paint job in 2010. Since Then I have put about 150,000 miles on it including a road trip to Alaska! Check out my YouTube channel The Wandering Pinto https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCUaYB_oAsfhA9b0U24n3pw

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I love it that you matched the color and style of your Pinto!

Sarah Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Both
One of the main reasons I bought my Bronco Sport was the Freewheelin Bronco Sport concept that was on display at the 2021 SEMA Show. Back then I said "this is my next new vehicle". Now its a reality! I bought a 78 Pinto Cruising Wagon new that I still own and drive. It was part of the 70's Freewheeling themed cars and trucks . Three of the five colors that I put on my Bronco are the same as the Pintos. I will do a little tweaking of my design including 3d white letters on the hatch spelling FREEWHEELING , as soon as I can find someone that will make them.

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands done 3

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands done 2

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands stripes 4

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands stripes 3

Ford Bronco Sport Retro 70's Freewheelin Graphics on Bronco Sport Badlands strips 2
Both of them are gorgeous!! thank you for sharing!

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
Only thing that could make this cooler is if the stripes were reflective at night!
Sponsored