Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Just for reference .. here is The actual
recall from the NHTSA. The “Delivery Hold” part is not good. This is not affecting Badlands - only 3 cylinder 1.5L engines built during the time periods called out Specifically In this document. You should get a notice from Ford if you already own one of these (I did).

NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice – Safety Recall 22S73

Here is an iOS app to monitor recalls on all your vehicles NHTSA SaferCar. There are more documents on 22S73 there. Most important — if your car is on the recall..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Just looked up my vin and mine is on the list. What is the drain tube they will be installing?

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Just looked up my vin and mine is on the list. What is the drain tube they will be installing?
It’s to drain the fuel injector if it decides to leak, it will drain down to the ground instead of draining onto a hot engine.

JCap

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you for this information! Searching my VIN shows no recalls (Built 12/8) so I assume I would be all set to get it whenever it decides to arrive? Cautiously excited!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Thank you for this information! Searching my VIN shows no recalls (Built 12/8) so I assume I would be all set to get it whenever it decides to arrive? Cautiously excited!
My understanding is that since the model year ‘23 did not start production until the beginning of December, those with the 1.5L are not included.

JCap

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My understanding is that since the model year ‘23 did not start production until the beginning of December, those with the 1.5L are not included.
That makes sense to me, but it’s odd they even list the 23’ model year at all then in the recall if they weren’t built yet. Either way, I will remain cautiously excited this means I get my vehicle sooner than later. Still sitting at Built on the Ford Tracker but I will take it.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
That makes sense to me, but it’s odd they even list the 23’ model year at all then in the recall if they weren’t built yet. Either way, I will remain cautiously excited this means I get my vehicle sooner than later. Still sitting at Built on the Ford Tracker but I will take it.
I agree with you, but I believe they started the ‘23 Escape production before the ‘23 Bronco Sport production. Also, the ‘23 Bronco Sport production was originally scheduled to start on 14 November and got pushed back because of the Maverick production mess. Mine is still sitting at built too; been a week now.

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just picked up a 22 from the dealer that was built in October and isn't included in the recall. Seems to not effect all 1.5L for those MY

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I just picked up a 22 from the dealer that was built in October and isn't included in the recall. Seems to not effect all 1.5L for those MY
The list of affected vehicles is at the link Brad included in the first post on this thread.

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Brought my Sport in for an oil change and the dealer said I'll be getting a letter from them on or about January 9th advising me to make an appointment for the fuel injector recall. They didn't say anything about the TSB on the brake noise. I'll have to bring it to their attention.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Received my recall letter today. However, it is not showing on Fordpass app.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Got my letter today 1/14/23. I‘m curious.
The 1.5L 3 cyl is dual port injected. If the injector that is subject to cracking & leaking “could” spray, leak on the cyl head and cause a fire, it must be one of the port injectors off the rail at the front of the BS correct? Just how is a “drain” tube going to prevent a fire? Just how is a drain tube going to drain vapor? Are they going to punch a hole in the pan under the engine? I thought that’s how Ford “fixed” an oil leak on one of the new Maverick recalls..
Sure seems like a Mickey Mouse fix to me. If the recall involves 500k vehicles (Escape & BS) and any/all of the three port (or direct) which ever is the culprit that would be 1.5M injectors to replace. Yes it would be expensive.
I know many reading this forum are not old enough to remember the Pinto, but I‘m starting to feel this Bronco Sport “fix” is right about a smart as the gas tank “shield” was on the Pinto.
I really like my BS/OB, and to me it’s one of the best fit & finish built vehicles I’ve owned. it’s perfect for my needs.
I do however get really annoyed in slow traffic or under light load, when it goes in 2 cyl mode and vibrates/lugs like an old manual transmission car did. I really feel like this ”drain tube” fix and a free software fire alarm (fuel rail pressure loss ) is an insult. And I read the software will put the engine in limp mode to get you out of traffic. Just what the @#$& are you supposed to do If it let’s go while you are stopped in heavy commuter traffic. Looks like the software alarm should if your phone is connected have it call the local fire dept.
i gave up a really nice Mustang convertible for my BS/OB, & to tell the truth, I‘m beginning to feel sorry I did.
My $.02 and end of rant. I’m just really ticked off about it
Just for info, I checked my BS on Carvana & their offer is WAY down for what it was 6-8 months ago. Sure hope this recall hasn’t hurt the “desirability” of the BS. Will check CarMax next week.

Reactions: ZQ8

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
After a bit of a false start a few months back in terms of getting an appointment, I have been waiting to get an update.

I haven't received my letter, nor is it visible in the app...but I just happened to be near the dealer today and stopped in to ask about it. The gentleman behind the counter said the parts are very hard to come by (which makes sense), and it was probably a good idea I didn't wait to receive the letter before asking about it.

I am now officially in line at the local dealer to have the work done (also including the TSB about the backup boat noise), but he wasn't able to give me a timeframe on when.

First come first serve isn't quite the shine I would put on it, but the vibe I got from the employee was that folks might want to go ahead and inquire with their dealer instead of waiting for an official letter to arrive.
Sponsored