Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Michael G

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine is missing also and the parts dept at my dealership told me if I come in they will photograph it, send it to Ford and Ford will send one to the dealer. When I bought it I asked the salespeople and they brought over another on which didn't have it so sales was confined it didn't exist.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Mine is missing also and the parts dept at my dealership told me if I come in they will photograph it, send it to Ford and Ford will send one to the dealer. When I bought it I asked the salespeople and they brought over another on which didn't have it so sales was confined it didn't exist.
That doesn't sound bad, just letting them take a photo.

Whether that's *necessary* is another question. The dealer should trust you, or if they want confirmation you could send them a photo. Ford should certainly trust the dealer, but they could send Ford your photo if necessary.

Of course, as someone here pointed out, there is no way to PROVE the panel is missing. IDK why anyone would do this, but if they already had the panel and for some bizarre reason wanted another one, they could simply remove the existing one.

In short, this is a pretty stupid procedure. Ford should simply trust owners who say the panel is missing and send them (or their dealer) one.

The last thing anyone should do is pay for one out-of-pocket (or with "points" which = cash). There is a principle involved, and that is that when a customer pays for a vehicle (or any product) it should come complete, with all parts. The cost or relative importance of the part(s) is irrelevant.

To each their own, but I believe we should get what we paid for.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
That doesn't sound bad, just letting them take a photo.

Whether that's *necessary* is another question. The dealer should trust you, or if they want confirmation you could send them a photo. Ford should certainly trust the dealer, but they could send Ford your photo if necessary.

Of course, as someone here pointed out, there is no way to PROVE the panel is missing. IDK why anyone would do this, but if they already had the panel and for some bizarre reason wanted another one, they could simply remove the existing one.

In short, this is a pretty stupid procedure. Ford should simply trust owners who say the panel is missing and send them (or their dealer) one.

The last thing anyone should do is pay for one out-of-pocket (or with "points" which = cash). There is a principle involved, and that is that when a customer pays for a vehicle (or any product) it should come complete, with all parts. The cost or relative importance of the part(s) is irrelevant.

To each their own, but I believe we should get what we paid for.
When I got my ordered '19 Ranger home, I noticed a paint defect on the bed floor near the cab. It was obvious that some welding slag had gotten painted over and then fell off. The dealership had to take a picture of the defect with a Ford "certified" camera and submit the pictures to Ford. Only pictures taken by that camera would be considered for the warranty claim. The paint defect was covered.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Check another BS, if its supposed to be there then dealer can add it. Its in a nonvisible area it happens.
It DOES happen but it shouldn't. This is my 1st Ford daily drive after 48 years of strickly Mopar and I'm NOT overly impressed . This plus the latest recall on the fuel rail plus the lousy brake dust problem have me anxious to say the least. Sounds like there's a quality issue.

Echo1

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So I'm missing the panel and went to my Ford dealer on Nov 16th to get a warranty replacement. The service advisor checked the part and said Ford issued a bulletin (below) on Nov 15th to stop any warranty replacement of this panel.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. Bronco Panel Warranty Disclaimer

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I'm missing the panel and went to my Ford dealer on Nov 16th to get a warranty replacement. The service advisor checked the part and said Ford issued a bulletin (below) on Nov 15th to stop any warranty replacement of this panel.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. Bronco Panel Warranty Disclaimer
Glad to see it out in print finally. Most of us knew this was the case as there has only been one reported incident of it being included on a vehicle delivered after January of 2022.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I got my ordered '19 Ranger home, I noticed a paint defect on the bed floor near the cab. It was obvious that some welding slag had gotten painted over and then fell off. The dealership had to take a picture of the defect with a Ford "certified" camera and submit the pictures to Ford. Only pictures taken by that camera would be considered for the warranty claim. The paint defect was covered.
Glad to hear the defect was covered.

That situation was a bit different -- a one-off (or at least not common) defect vs a known issue that affected many BS models.

It is understandable that there are some cases (like yours) where a mfr may request a photo.

In situations like the dash insulation panel, where the mfr is aware of the problem, it is best to just have the dealer give owners the panel under warranty. It's not as if there is a black market for insulation panels -- and if there were some motivation to lie about it, the owner could simply remove the panel.

This is a case where "customer good will" should be applied. Ford is not saving money by making things more difficult -- just creating hard feelings. As much as we like the BS BL, after all we've been through (not just this) I'm not inclined to get another Ford vehicle.

One thing Ford might insist on -- that would benefit them and the owners -- is that the dealership install the panels (or at least confirm the panel is missing), because there is always room for confusion (which panel?) and people who hear about the panel missing and assume theirs is, without checking.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

So Ford now claims that they stopped equipping "some" 20121/22 BS models with the insulation panel back in August of 2021 -- over 15 months ago.

Oddly, they did not make an announcement of this decontenting at the time. That would have been the right thing to do and would have eliminated a lot of headaches for Ford and their dealers.

A cynical person might think that Ford *intentionally* did not publicize this, or any of the other decontenting, and simply hoped that no one would notice. After all, who wants to spend significantly more money for a vehicle with less equipment?

<Elmer Fudd> "Shh, be vewy quiet..."

Then, when word got out (thanks at least in part to this forum) Ford realized they had to either:

a) Do the right thing and supply the panels to all current owners and orders up thru at least 11/15/22 (only delete the panels going forward).

b) Or, issue a notice over 15 months after the decision was made, and make it retroactive to 8/24/2021.

They chose "b". That says volumes about FoMoCo.

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, Area 51, loaded.
Glad to see it out in print finally. Most of us knew this was the case as there has only been one reported incident of it being included on a vehicle delivered after January of 2022.
I must be the one. I ordered my BL in January 2022, took delivery in May 2022, and the panel was installed when I took delivery.

Reactions: Jrl

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must be the one. I ordered my BL in January 2022, took delivery in May 2022, and the panel was installed when I took delivery.
Not many others reported it. I ordered mine in October 21 and took delivery in early March and no panel.

Ford makes changes constantly either improving or fixing issues or removing items that don’t add perceived value. Or in the case of some electronics, lack of availability.

In the case of the insulation panel, I found it added no value, but that’s just me.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
If you want to add this Panel to your BS, I would suggest ordering it soon:
https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/p/Panel-Cover/98558340/M1PZ78046A25AA.html
They will likely stop making them...

Ford aslo decontented the Hood Insulation Pad on all models awhile back... Now you can't even order one; It's apprently discontinued by Ford.
https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/p/Ford_2022_Bronco-Sport-Big-Bend-Sport-Utility-15L-EcoBoost-3-cylinder-AT/Hood-Insulation-Pad/98543344/M1PZ16738A.html

I'm thinking about getting a dozen or so of the under dash panels, holding on to them for a few months, and see what I can get for them on Ebay :D For the Hood, it looks like I'll have to go with Plan B and add some universal hood insulation.

If I ever trade-in for another BS... I'm taking my Panel and Engine Cover with me 🤣

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
It DOES happen but it shouldn't. This is my 1st Ford daily drive after 48 years of strickly Mopar and I'm NOT overly impressed . This plus the latest recall on the fuel rail plus the lousy brake dust problem have me anxious to say the least. Sounds like there's a quality issue.
I dont think your going to convince anyone on these forums that Mopar has superior QC. 😄

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I dont think your going to convince anyone on these forums that Mopar has superior QC. 😄
I can only go by my own experiences. The fact that Ford has been apparently been so "sneaky" with this panel speaks volumes to me.
Sponsored