Painting the Roof of my BS BB (Area 51 current)

Mars90

Big Bend
First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Gday everyone, I am considering painting the roof of my BB to a dark Grey of some sort (haven't really figured out the exact color). I was just curious if anyone has done this or if anyone would know how much it would cost?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
I haven't considered this no. Assumed it may cost more than a paint job but you got me thinking now.

Thanks mate
I don't think it's more expensive because it's only the top, but it's not permanent and won't hurt resale value. You could do carbon fiber pattern or any color you want and if you get bored with it you change it up.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Get it wrapped and if you don't like it or change mind it can be pulled off

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
We had a wrap completed on our BB. Total cost was around $500.

Ford Bronco Sport Painting the Roof of my BS BB (Area 51 current) Bronco Pic 2
Did they go around the roof rails or remove them for install?

KYBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They went around the roof rails. They did a great job. You really have to look close to tell they went around them rather than removing them.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
That looks cool. I was thinking of getting the one on my BL wrapped in carbonized gray, but I can't find a place that can match the OEM CG roof.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Don’t get a wrap unless you have a trusted shop that knows what they are doing. I wanted a black top on my big bend and got it wrapped. The shop did a horrible job with the wrap. Bubbling, missing pieces, etc. I asked them to pull it off annd refund me, after removing the wrap I had noticed huge gashes in the paint.
Top ended up needing to be repainted, luckily the wrap show covered the bill. It was about 1500 bucks to get the top painted at my local ford body shop.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Don’t get a wrap unless you have a trusted shop that knows what they are doing. I wanted a black top on my big bend and got it wrapped. The shop did a horrible job with the wrap. Bubbling, missing pieces, etc. I asked them to pull it off annd refund me, after removing the wrap I had noticed huge gashes in the paint.
Top ended up needing to be repainted, luckily the wrap show covered the bill. It was about 1500 bucks to get the top painted at my local ford body shop.
Very important you get what you pay for. It CAN be wrapped by a very good shop without leaving a mark. The roof isnt complex. If you are dead set on a color I'd say paint is the way to go. If cost is a bigger factor and you change your mind...maybe the wrap.
Sponsored