LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
A lot of folks on this forum have been writing about stuff that's missing on their new BS. Here's my 2 cents; or 14,200 cents to be more precise. The way I understand it... There were shortages of many auto parts in 2021. Among these were the parts listed in the table below. Ford deemed these parts, weren't important enough to halt production, so they shipped to Customers without them and never told anyone. They were hoping no one would notice. If Ford were Customer focused, they would have advised Customers and have Dealers issue a factory "We Owe". Instead, they took a different approach...

Note: The links are to oemfordpartscheap.com; For me, the Dealership is local so I can Pick-Up and not pay shipping charges. Your local Dealer can order these same parts for you; You should not have to pay shipping.

There's a lot of work when an auto manufacturer does something like this. There was an ECO and FMEA's had to be done.; Drawings and procedures needed to be changed. To complicate things for Ford, when they removed the Engine Cover, they had to design a new Standoff for one of the hoses. Engineering a new part, even a simple piece of plastic is a big-expensive-deal. Not to mention the cost of inserting that new part into Ford's supply chain. Finally, all the changes went thru a review and approval process by many departments at Ford, including the bean counters and the legal department. Only after all that, a change to the BOM was flowed down to Logistics and Production so they could ship without these parts. When these parts became available again... Ford realized they could save $142 per car if they continue to leave these parts off. Ford sold 29,000 BS in the first three months of 2022. According to the math: $142 X 29,000 = $4,118,000. Plus they save the significant Engineering costs of reverting back the BOM to include these parts again.

Even more frustrating is, if you ask a Salesperson about any of this, many will claim ignorance. Either they are lying or Ford's communication channels to the Dealers sux.

Most of my new cars have been Fords... Used to consider myself a "Ford Guy". Unfortunately, this experience makes me ashamed of saying that. This was done by Ford on purpose. It is another indication of the declining culture of quality at Ford, and the "Customer is Job One" philosophy.

Ford Bronco Sport Restore your BS to the Original OEM Design for $142 20220913_093908
Sponsored

BS_Fishin'

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F350
As I read the post, my thought was how funny it was that so much time was spent on parts that could be had for $142. It all seemed so trivial to me.

Then you finished with the no longer a "Ford guy" and "declining culture of quality" stuff.

It was a bit of a twist to me... not what I expected after you had just pointed out it was only $142 and that's if all the parts are missing on your particular car. I guess my interpretation was different than yours. 🤷

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No manufacturer has been spared during the pandemic. All of them have had to cut corners, make decisions that made their customers unhappy, etc. I imagine if they had heard an uproar about these missing items then they would have added them back, but most people don’t care/notice the things we talk about in the forums. Check out this article from Car and Driver:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g38179550/new-cars-tech-features-missing-chip-shortage/

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
As I read the post, my thought was how funny it was that so much time was spent on parts that could be had for $142. It all seemed so trivial to me.

Then you finished with the no longer a "Ford guy" and "declining culture of quality" stuff.

It was a bit of a twist to me... not what I expected after you had just pointed out it was only $142 and that's if all the parts are missing on your particular car. I guess my interpretation was different than yours. 🤷
Maybe he's just looking for attention/stirring the pot ...or maybe he's not tired of beating the horse.?

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
Is there a similar engine cover replacement for the 2.0 liter Ecoboost?
I'm assuming the underdash panel is accross all trim levels?
And just where did the funnel ride?

Ron Sebonia

OP
OP
LazyDirtFarmer

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a similar engine cover replacement for the 2.0 liter Ecoboost?
I'm assuming the underdash panel is accross all trim levels?
And just where did the funnel ride?

Ron Sebonia
  1. I don't know the PN for the 2.0 Engine Cover... Try a search on https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/
  2. Ford says the Panel fits all BS Trims
  3. Funnel as shown.
Hope this helps...

Ford Bronco Sport Restore your BS to the Original OEM Design for $142 20220913_093820

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Dumb question:

What is the purpose of the fuel funnel?

OP
OP
LazyDirtFarmer

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jersey-Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Here's part numbers for the 2.0
Engine cover - K2GZ6A949A - 67.20
Cover. Engine. BOLT. STUD. Valve - AG9Z00812D - 6.99 each
Cover. Engine. Valve. BOLT. Stud - 1S6Z00812C - 12.70

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Dumb question:

What is the purpose of the fuel funnel?
To fill your vehicle up with gas when you run out and someone comes to your rescue with a portable or jerry gas can.

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Makes it easier if you ever run out of gas and have to fill from a jerry can. Helps with additives too.
Sorry, I should have been more specific:

Is there something about the Bronco that means other funnels I own won't work right?

i.e. do I need the Ford funnel?

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Sorry, I should have been more specific:

Is there something about the Bronco that means other funnels I own won't work right?

i.e. do I need the Ford funnel?
The Ford funnel is extra long by just and inch or two. There are two spring loaded flaps that need to open when you insert the funnel so you can dispense or pour fuel into the tank. It's a anti-siphon feature. If you have a funnel that can go past the first flap at least 4" it will work. The Ford funnel is easier to store as it's smaller in diameter than a standard funnel. I hope Ford comes out with a decent OEM Iocking cap to make it fool proof for the siphoning crowd. The aftermarket caps so far have bad reviews.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
A lot of folks on this forum have been writing about stuff that's missing on their new BS. Here's my 2 cents; or 14,200 cents to be more precise. The way I understand it... There were shortages of many auto parts in 2021. Among these were the parts listed in the table below. Ford deemed these parts, weren't important enough to halt production, so they shipped to Customers without them and never told anyone. They were hoping no one would notice. If Ford were Customer focused, they would have advised Customers and have Dealers issue a factory "We Owe". Instead, they took a different approach...

Note: The links are to oemfordpartscheap.com; For me, the Dealership is local so I can Pick-Up and not pay shipping charges. Your local Dealer can order these same parts for you; You should not have to pay shipping.

There's a lot of work when an auto manufacturer does something like this. There was an ECO and FMEA's had to be done.; Drawings and procedures needed to be changed. To complicate things for Ford, when they removed the Engine Cover, they had to design a new Standoff for one of the hoses. Engineering a new part, even a simple piece of plastic is a big-expensive-deal. Not to mention the cost of inserting that new part into Ford's supply chain. Finally, all the changes went thru a review and approval process by many departments at Ford, including the bean counters and the legal department. Only after all that, a change to the BOM was flowed down to Logistics and Production so they could ship without these parts. When these parts became available again... Ford realized they could save $142 per car if they continue to leave these parts off. Ford sold 29,000 BS in the first three months of 2022. According to the math: $142 X 29,000 = $4,118,000. Plus they save the significant Engineering costs of reverting back the BOM to include these parts again.

Even more frustrating is, if you ask a Salesperson about any of this, many will claim ignorance. Either they are lying or Ford's communication channels to the Dealers sux.

Most of my new cars have been Fords... Used to consider myself a "Ford Guy". Unfortunately, this experience makes me ashamed of saying that. This was done by Ford on purpose. It is another indication of the declining culture of quality at Ford, and the "Customer is Job One" philosophy.

Ford Bronco Sport Restore your BS to the Original OEM Design for $142 20220913_093908
Thank you for this post. I ordered the missing under-dash panel for our '22 BS. Will be interesting to see how many of these missing parts are absent from the BS I have on order
Sponsored