First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It allows one to easily differentiate between the BAD Broncos and the GOOD ones.

Seriously, I get why people are annoyed. It seems like Ford is cheaping out on insignificant components. That may be. Ford is struggling with supply chain issues like everyone else, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility it simply can't find a supplier for these parts. Of that's the case, my guess is most of the people upset about missing parts would be even more upset if they were still waiting for their cars because Ford can't find a few bits of plastic.
Agree 💯 this engine was originally designed with this engine cover nobody here knows what it actually does but if it didn’t need it why did they design it. I can think of lots of reasons of course.
Here is their website photo of engine.
Yes I can think of lots of things that don’t need to be on the vehicle wheel covers, lane control devices, controls on the steering wheel, electric locking doors, 4 Wd, air. Con….
But that is a different vehicle and I didn’t buy one of those so give me the vehicle I paid for and if I have to wait six months for a few add on pieces so be it I don’t mind putting them on later.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 3120AD98-058A-4FC7-8933-B6A47E1EBD2E
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Agree 💯 this engine was originally designed with this engine cover nobody here knows what it actually does but if it didn’t need it why did they design it. I can think of lots of reasons of course.
Here is their website photo of engine.
Yes I can think of lots of things that don’t need to be on the vehicle wheel covers, lane control devices, controls on the steering wheel, electric locking doors, 4 Wd, air. Con….
But that is a different vehicle and I didn’t buy one of those so give me the vehicle I paid for and if I have to wait six months for a few add on pieces so be it I don’t mind putting them on later.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 3120AD98-058A-4FC7-8933-B6A47E1EBD2E
Or this...which...government regulations and every company creatively meeting ridiculous standards.
"A law was passed, I believe in the EU, that fixed a percentage of material used to build a car that was recycled or could be recycled, an engine cover never needed previously or battery cover made of recycled plastic was added to reach to the desired percentage. And then the manufacturers looked to injection mould everything else. Just had to last till the warranty expired. Entirely new and largely pointless components were added to cars to meet an arbitrary target set with good intentions"

Seriously...the amount of energy wasted on a piece of plastic is mind blowing. BUY SOMETHING ELSE if the engine cover is a deal breaker. I understand why dealers hate servicing some of you.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
If that is the case, why are those constraints not felt on those parts at the parts departments?

Anyone can go and request to buy one and get it within days, no problem. My thought is that they are simply removing these as cost-cutting measures. Most vehicle owners, unless Mustang, Camaros, Jeeps, etc ...are probably not members of online forums so these folks will never know/care parts like this are missing.

Now Ford removing the rear-seat AC controls on the Explorer, navigation from Broncos, etc ... THAT sounds like definite supply chain issues.

Then again, what do I know ...
I’ve been waiting a few weeks for the engine cover I ordered from my dealership haha

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I got mine in 2 days
I ordered the engine cover, hood insulation, and passenger under dash panel at once - I'm sure it's one of those parts that's taking longer so slowing it all down.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I ordered the engine cover, hood insulation, and passenger under dash panel at once - I'm sure it's one of those parts that's taking longer so slowing it all down.
Under dash panel is on back order . .. ive been waiting 2 weeks on that one so far

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
Under dash panel is on back order . .. ive been waiting 2 weeks on that one
I've also been waiting for the rubber all weather floor mats for a few weeks, they say those are on back order too. Bummer.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I've also been waiting for the rubber all weather floor mats for a few weeks, they say those are on back order too. Bummer.
I got lucky and my dealer had the weather mats and cargo weather and aeroskin 2 bug gaurd in stock. Someone cancelled there order..

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Just as an fyi Ford dropped the engine cover on the 2.0 Ford Edge in 2019…it didn’t come back on our 2021…
Also noticed the 2022 Edge no longer has rear exit exhaust…stainless tips must of gotten too pricey! The exhaust now dumps under a “smoothed” rear bumper.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Wasnt sure about that engine. I know all my friends laugh at me when i tell em i got a 3 banger lol
3 bangers isn't all that bad.....have you seen the new Corolla GR? 300 HP!!! and that is just the ICE not aided by a electric motor like Land Rover does....or Koenigsegg, but that's a whole different league with 600 hp 2.0 3-cylinder and a total 2700 HP with 3 electric motors added. And Ford, has the Fiesta ST, squeezed out 20 more to near 200 HP.

back to the topic.....it is very disappointing to see Ford is removing these small items off the built. the one I'm really not happy about is the folding rear headrest.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
3 bangers isn't all that bad.....have you seen the new Corolla GR? 300 HP!!! and that is just the ICE not aided by a electric motor like Land Rover does....or Koenigsegg, but that's a whole different league with 600 hp 2.0 3-cylinder and a total 2700 HP with 3 electric motors added. And Ford, has the Fiesta ST, squeezed out 20 more to near 200 HP.

back to the topic.....it is very disappointing to see Ford is removing these small items off the built. the one I'm really not happy about is the folding rear headrest.
I wish i had the tailgate assist button inside on dash.